Anthony Joshua believes he had COVID-19 back in March, according to his promoter Eddie Hearn.
The unified heavyweight champion is due to defend his titles against Kubrat Pulev on Saturday night in London and will have to test negative for the virus in order for the fight to go ahead.
Hearn said AJ has already had COVIDMark Robinson/MatchroomHowever, Hearn does not believe this will be an issue.
While reading out comments during an Instagram Live Q&A on Monday morning, the promoter said: “Has AJ tested negative? AJ will test tomorrow.
“He has actually already had COVID, I believe. So I think he’s got the antibodies but we shall see.
“He’s fine, he’s been testing like every other day.”
In response to another remark, Hearn said: “Kept that quiet? What do you mean? About AJ having COVID?
“I think he had it back in March. Sort of unofficially, but I believe he’s had it.”
Joshua vs Pulev is happening on Saturday nightMark Robinson/MatchroomPulev has already tested negative after arriving early from Bulgaria.
He has now entered the hotel at Matchroom’s ‘bubble’ around Wembley Arena and is all set for the fight on Saturday.
The IBF mandatory challenger was previously scheduled to face AJ in October 2017, but had to pull out due to an injury.
It appears nothing will prevent his second world title shot this time.

English (United States)