Floyd Mayweather arrived at Wembley Arena as a surprise guest for Anthony Joshua vs Kubrat Pulev on Saturday night.
Nobody knew that the retired 50-0 pound-for-pound star was even in the country until he posted an Instagram story announcing that he would be in attendance.
Mayweather was pictured arriving at the arena
Floyd took a seat at ringsideMatchroom
Mayweather posted a picture of when AJ visited him in Las Vegas a couple of years ago.
He captioned it: “Headed to support my brother, Anthony Joshua.”
Within an hour, he was seen arriving at the arena.
He told Sky Sports: “It’s always good to see some great boxing, the UK’s a great place, so many great fighters.
“I’m proud of Anthony Joshua. Lights, camera, action.”
Mayweather said on Instagram that he would be at the show
Mayweather is fighting Logan Paul in FebruaryMatchroom
Last week, Mayweather announced that he will fight YouTuber Logan Paul in an exhibition bout on February 20.
Mayweather has been retired since 2015, only coming back to beat Conor McGregor in 2017.
He also travelled to Tokyo for an exhibition bout with kickboxer Tenshin Nasukawa at the end of 2018.
In the aftermath of that easy win, Floyd said he’d be open for further exhibitions.
Rumours swirled on social media two months ago suggesting a bout with Logan was a ‘done deal’, however it was then reported that Floyd had been approached about the exhibition, but was leaning towards a ‘no’.
Now, he’s confirmed it’s actually real.



English (United States)