Transfers that could still happen after deadline day, including Wilshere to Rangers, Josh King at West Ham, plus Manchester United, Leeds and Tottenham signing more players

2 months ago 5

No more transfers for the next couple of months as the window closed for business on Monday night. Well, almost…

A number of Premier League clubs spent deadline day frantically completing deals, with Manchester United particularly busy signing Edinson Cavani and Alex Telles, while Arsenal got Thomas Partey in just in time.

Anderson joined the Hammers in the summer of 2018 but has joined Porto on loanGETTY

Some smaller signings saw Theo Walcott make a return to Southampton on loan almost 15 years on from leaving the south coast for Arsenal and Chelsea midfielder Ruben Loftus-Cheek will play for Fulham on loan this season.

The EFL window, though, doesn’t close until October 16, meaning Premier League clubs can still sign players from the Championship and below. Meanwhile, the transfer window is still open in some foreign leagues which is why Felipe Anderson moved to Porto.

Here, talkSPORT.com looks at other transfers that could still happen before we do it all again in January.

Jack Wilshere

While Anderson sees a future at West Ham after his loan, Jack Wilshere is on the lookout for a permanent new club after having his Hammers contract terminated.

The midfielder, 28, has been linked with a move to MLS but as he’s currently unattached there’s no specific deadline any interested clubs have to sign him.

Rangers have been linked with a move for the midfielder and Ibrox legend Ally McCoist thinks it’s a great idea.

“I think he’s a brilliant football player. I think Rangers need a bit of steel in the midfield as well, but if you’ve got an opportunity to sign real quality you can’t let that go by.

“In terms of Jack Wilshere, I just want to see him for himself back playing somewhere at a good level with a smile on his face, staying injury free so he can enjoy the rest of his career.”

Wilshere’s career has been plagued by several injuriesGetty Images - Getty

Josh King

Bournemouth are open to selling King before his contract expires next summer and West Ham are keen, talkSPORT understands.

West Ham have held talks with the player’s agent and are now poised to table a bid for the Norway international.

King started his professional career with Manchester United and came close to sealing a move back to Old Trafford in January.

Danny Welbeck

The striker is also available for free after he and Watford agreed to terminate his contract.

Welbeck boasts plenty of Premier League experience, having previously played for Manchester United, Arsenal and Sunderland when they were in the top flight.

His only flaw is he’s susceptible to injuries but would be a useful signing to any side that finds goals difficult to come by.

Welbeck, 29, has been around since he broke into the Man United team twelve years agoAFP or licensors

Troy Deeney

Watford could also let go of their club captain, who’s been linked with a move away ever since their relegation from the Premier League was confirmed last term.

Deeney loves Watford, he said as much to talkSPORT in August, so won’t push for a move but would be a tempting prospect for any Premier League side. He was rumoured to be joining Tottenham earlier in the window.

Deeney is adored by Watford fans having served the club for a decadeGetty Images - Getty

Joe Rodon

There were suggestions that Tottenham were going to beat West Ham to the signing of the Swansea centre-back before Monday night’s deadline but that never materialised.

The Wales international is a Swans player for now but it’s understood Rodon will have moved on by October 16. Spurs seem to be favourites now but the Hammers won’t give up without a fight or maybe other clubs will enter the race.

Rodon has four caps for WalesGetty Images - Getty

Said Benrahma

If he’s still a Brentford player after the EFL deadline that would be incredible. The Bees have shown they’re a selling club in this window and in previous windows.

Chelsea, Arsenal, Aston Villa, West Ham and Crystal Palace have all been linked with Benrahma, 25, and the right offer will surely see the Algerian leave.

Benrahma was part of that formidable BMW partnership at Brentford last seasonGetty Images - Getty

Ismaila Sarr

It could be a triple whammy of strikers leaving Watford with record signing Sarr’s future looking very uncertain.

The Senegal international was linked with a move to Manchester United but they were quite busy getting the Cavani, Telles and other deals wrapped up. The Red Devils reportedly made an enquiry about Sarr on deadline day so don’t be surprised if they come for the £40million-rated man again.

Sarr was linked with Liverpool earlier in the transfer window but is more likely to join Man UnitedGETTY

Todd Cantwell

Norwich were also relegated from the Premier League last season and will be bracing themselves for more departures, having already lost Ben Godfrey and Jamal Lewis.

Todd Cantwell was one of their star performers in 2019/20 and plenty of clubs were linked to him throughout the campaign, including Premier League champions Liverpool.

But a more realistic transfer could see the 22-year-old midfielder join Leeds, who are the biggest club to be linked with him most recently.

Cantwell scored six goals in the Premier League last seasonGetty Images - Getty

Max Aarons

Another Norwich player who could leave the Championship following their relegation from the top flight last season.

The right-back attracted plenty of interest from across Europe this summer, including from Barcelona and Bayern Munich.

There is a glut of talent at the right-back position for England at the moment and Aarons is another with huge potential.

Canaries boss Daniel Farke would be reluctant to see him leave.

“I wouldn’t sell Max Aarons, not for £100million, because he’s too important for us, but that’s quite normal,” Farke told BBC Radio Norfolk.

“If there is a crazy offer then of course the key people in the club have to make the decision but I am quite relaxed.”

If a £100million bid came in then it probably wouldn’t be Farke’s decision whether to sell or not but illustrates just how key he is for Norwich.

Max Aarons had attracted interest from Bayern Munich and Barcelona this summerGetty Images - Getty

David Brooks

The midfielder was impressive for Bournemouth when the Premier League returned in June but it was not enough to keep them up.

The 23-year-old has shown he can cut it in the top flight but it may need a sizeable bid to prise him away from the Cherries.

He joined the south coast club from Sheffield United in 2018 for a fee of £11.5million and there have been reports linking him with a move back to Bramall Lane.

Manchester United have also been linked but attackers is not where they need strengthening.

David Brooks has been linked with a return to Sheffield UnitedGetty Images - Getty

Read Entire Article